Simple Summer Supper Recipe – Chicken with White Wine & Mustard Sauce
It’s that wonderful time of year when the trees are green, the hanging baskets are in full bloom and the evenings are balmy and filled with the sound of birdsong.
If the weather’s great and the idea of slaving away in a hot kitchen for hours doesn’t appeal, try out this meal. It’s fast, simple and truly delicious!
- 4 to 6 Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 3 White onions, roughly sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 175ml White wine
- 300ml Double or Single cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Wholegrain Mustard (we would highly recommend Hawkshead Relish’s Traditional English Mustard)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive Oil
- In a deep heavy bottomed frying pan or saucepan heat a little Olive oil on a medium to high heat and add the sliced chicken and brown.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked through add the sliced onions and garlic and stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the white wine, wholegrain mustard and cream and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, whilst stirring occasionally.
Served brilliantly over Whole Grain rice with steamed asparagus and a glass (or two!) of chilled white wine! We would thoroughly recommend the excellent Sauvignon Blanc Reserva from Chilean winemaker Montgras