We don’t want to be a downer - but did you know Christmas has been listed as one of the 6 most stressful events in life?!
Well, consider a real break from your normal routine whilst still enjoying the festivities and Christmas treats.
Perhaps you’d love to share this special time with family and friends but don’t have the space or the energy?
Whether it’s a cottage, cabin, resort or hotel, there’s plenty to choose from across Britain.
Check out our best Christmas staycation picks for 2022….
1. A Christmas cottage staycation
Imagine spending Christmas in a cosy cottage in a delightful location! How magical would that be?!
How about a fisherman’s cottage in Northumberland?
A shepherd’s hut in Wales?
A character cottage in the Lake District, a barn in Cornwall or a grand Scottish house?
You’ll have the freedom to self-cater or eat out at the local pub/restaurant or a bit of both.
Many will have log burners and some have games rooms, for that extra Christmas silliness!
Holidaycottages.co.uk have an interesting selection of properties that cater for all sizes of party from 2 up to 26.
Spend some much-needed time with the family in a festive cottage this Christmas. Photo by cottonbro studio.
In 5 locations in England and 1 in Ireland, this resort, with its many facilities, is open every day.
Between 23rd – 27th December there are extra special Christmas festivities to enjoy.
Visit Santa’s Woodland Village and pop into his Woodland Workshop.
Walk through the enchantingly lit forests.
Indulge in a Christmas dinner in one of the restaurants.
You can even pre-order a Christmas tree, lights and decorations for your cabin.
3. Staycation at a Christmas log cabin or lodge
How about spending Christmas in a log cabin in a beautiful forest setting?
Enjoy local walks and various outdoor activities and come back to your peaceful, warm and cosy cabin.
In 11 locations in England, Wales and Scotland, forestholidays.co.uk have a great selection of self-catering cabins that sleep from 2 – 10 people and offer special breaks at Christmas.
All cabins have Christmas trees and outdoor hot tubs.
Is there a more festive way to spend the holidays than in a Christmas cabin? Photo by Josh Duke on Unsplash.
4. Christmas hotel stays
Perhaps you don’t want to self-cater but would like service and indulgence this Christmas? Then one of Britain’s many fine hotels might suit you:
- Bath’s Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa - a 5* hotel well situated in the heart of this beautiful historic city.
They’re offering a luxurious stay from 24th – 27th December, full of festivities, carol singing, fine cuisine and champagne receptions.
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, Powys – this lakeside hotel is located within a stunning nature reserve. It offers a festive and indulgent 3 night package from 24th until the 27th December. Enjoy the spa and the many country pursuits on offer.
- The Spread Eagle & Spa, Midhurst, Sussex – one of Britain’s oldest Coaching Inns situated in the heart of the South Down’s National Park. Cosy and charming, it’s offering a 3 night package full of festivities, from 24th – 27th December.
- Boringdon Hall Hotel, Plymouth – a grand manor house situated at the edge of Dartmoor National Park. This 5* hotel is offering a luxurious all-inclusive 4 night stay from 23rd December.
Enjoy the many festive indulgences and a variety of activities…. including winter walks, history tours and murder mysteries!
Staycations at Christmas offer you many benefits…..less stress, a change of scenery, a break from routine and a chance to gather more people together.
Away from your normal household duties you can relax and enjoy uninterrupted family time!
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading our top picks for Christmas staycations.
And while you’re relaxing away on your Christmas staycation, how about treating the family to a gourmet food hamper to feast on?
We have a whole Christmas staycation range made just for you to enjoy this Christmas.